More
    Home Celebs Prince William and King Charles were not ‘informed in advance’ of ex-Prince...

    Prince William and King Charles were not ‘informed in advance’ of ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest

    0
    2
    Prince William and King Charles were not ‘informed in advance’ of ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest



    Prince William and King Charles III did not know Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was going to be arrested Thursday.

    The Prince of Wales, 43, and the monarch, 77, were not “informed in advance” that ex-Prince Andrew would be taken into custody the morning of his 66th birthday, according to the BBC.

    Reps for the royals did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.

    King Charles III and Prince William (pictured above in April 2021) did not know about ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ahead of time. Samir Hussein/WireImage
    The royals (pictured above in April 2021) were not “informed [by officials]” in advance, according to the BBC. WPA Pool/Getty Images

    Charles promptly issued a statement expressing his “deepest concern” over his younger brother being detained on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

    “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” the king wrote. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

    “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” he concluded. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”

    His wife, Queen Camilla, went ahead with a lunchtime engagement hours after Andrew was taken into custody.

    Ex-Prince Andrew (pictured above in September 2025) was detained on his 66th birthday Thursday. Getty Images
    Charles (pictured above in May 2023) has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. REUTERS

    The 78-year-old met musicians and watched a concert at Sinfonia Smith Square Hall in London as part of her role as the square’s royal patron.

    She wore an all-black ensemble during the outing and was all smiles.

    Camilla did not comment on her brother-in-law allegedly forwarding confidential trade documents to Jeffrey Epstein while serving as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment.

    Andrew, notably, could face a maximum sentence of life in prison if he is convicted of the crime.

    Charles (pictured above in September 2025) wrote in a statement Thursday that “the law must run its course.” AP
    William and Kate Middleton (pictured above in September 2025) have shared their “support” of this statement. WireImage

    William and Kate Middleton also have yet to speak out — but do “support” Charles’ statement, Page Six understands.

    Charles shared his “profound concern” over his sibling’s Epstein links last week.

    At the time, a spokesperson for His Majesty said his “thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse.”

    The couple (pictured above in September 2025) have yet to formally share one of their own. Getty Images
    Andrew (pictured above in June 2013) could face a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted. Getty Images

    Andrew’s ties to Epstein have been under scrutiny since 2019, when Queen Elizabeth’s son stepped back from his royal public duties after a disastrous BBC interview about his friendship with the convicted sex offender.

    He went on to settle — reportedly, for millions — a sex abuse lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffre, who died by suicide last year.

    Andrew has since been stripped of his military affiliations and royal title — and was evicted from his Royal Lodge home earlier this month.



    Source link

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here