More
    Home Home Shoaib Akhtar makes U-turn on Mohsin Naqvi rant after IND vs PAK:...

    Shoaib Akhtar makes U-turn on Mohsin Naqvi rant after IND vs PAK: He’s a good guy

    0
    7
    Shoaib Akhtar makes U-turn on Mohsin Naqvi rant after IND vs PAK: He’s a good guy


    Pakistan legend Shoaib Akhtar has made a swift U-turn on his criticism of Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Mohsin Naqvi, calling him “a good guy” just a day after his comments were widely interpreted as a scathing attack on the PCB chief following Pakistan’s humiliating defeat to India in the T20 World Cup.

    Akhtar, who had erupted in frustration after Pakistan’s crushing 61-run loss in Colombo on February 15, has now clarified that his remarks were not aimed at Naqvi personally. The former fast bowler claimed that Indian TV channels twisted his words and insisted he never intended to label the PCB chairman incompetent.

    IND vs PAK: Full Scorecard | Highlights

    Speaking on a Pakistani news show, Akhtar sought to set the record straight, stressing that his criticism was directed elsewhere.

    “My comments were never aimed at Mohsin Naqvi. The remark about incompetence was not directed at him at all — it was meant for the top brass who run international cricket. Some Indian TV channels twisted my words,” Akhtar said.

    “In the same programme, I even asked people not to say anything negative about Mohsin bhai, because I won’t tolerate that. I’ve always said he’s a good person who genuinely wants to help Pakistan cricket. But at the same time, he isn’t always given the right advice,” he added.

    The clarification comes after Akhtar’s fiery outburst earlier this week, when his post-match rant was seen as a direct swipe at Naqvi and the PCB leadership.

    What Akhtar said after Pakistan’s defeat

    Following Pakistan’s latest one-sided loss to India, Akhtar had launched a blistering critique of the board’s functioning and the leadership overseeing Pakistan cricket.

    The former pacer warned about the dangers of placing unqualified individuals in positions of power, suggesting that poor decision-making at the top inevitably spills onto the field.

    Many viewers interpreted his comments as being aimed squarely at Mohsin Naqvi, who has remained a central figure in Pakistan cricket’s recent controversies, particularly in the build-up to the high-voltage India clash.

    Mohsin Naqvi’s chaotic PCB tenure

    Naqvi’s time at the helm has often generated more political headlines than cricketing progress. From refusing to give India their Asia Cup trophy to the dramatic boycott threats ahead of the T20 World Cup fixture, his tenure has been marked by repeated flashpoints.

    The build-up to the Colombo match was no different, with Pakistan briefly threatening to boycott the India game before reversing their stance after meetings with ICC officials.

    After the off-field theatrics, Pakistan’s performance on the field offered little resistance. India dominated from start to finish, handing Salman Ali Agha’s side a crushing 61-run defeat and leaving their Super 8 qualification hopes in jeapordy.

    India beat Pakistan, again

    India’s victory further extended their dominance in the rivalry, with the head-to-head tally now standing at 8-1 in ICC T20 meetings.

    Pakistan’s batting collapse in Colombo once again exposed the side’s struggles in marquee encounters, intensifying scrutiny on both the players and the administrators running the sport back home.

    While Akhtar has now attempted to soften his stance on Naqvi, the larger questions around Pakistan cricket’s direction remain unresolved, especially with the team facing a must-win final group match against Namibia to keep their tournament alive.

    T20 World Cup | T20 World Cup Schedule | T20 World Cup Points Table | T20 World Cup Videos | Cricket News | Live Score

    – Ends

    Published By:

    Debodinna Chakraborty

    Published On:

    Feb 17, 2026



    Source link

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here