More
    Home Celebs Prince William threatened to take extreme action against Prince Andrew’s daughters in...

    Prince William threatened to take extreme action against Prince Andrew’s daughters in battle over royal home: report

    0
    27
    Prince William threatened to take extreme action against Prince Andrew’s daughters in battle over royal home: report



    Prince William allegedly threatened to take extreme action against Prince Andrew’s daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, as he and his uncle duke it out over the Royal Lodge residence.

    On Monday’s episode of the “News Agents” podcast, journalist Emily Maitlis — who interviewed Andrew for BBC’s “Newsnight” in 2019 — said she had heard that there had been a meeting between William and the princesses in which he told them, “You guys have got to get your dad to move out of Royal Lodge; otherwise, we will start reexamining the state of your own titles.”

    Maitlis continued, “There was a bit of pressure, we understand, being put on the princesses to [tell their dad], ‘This is gonna happen.’”

    Prince William allegedly threatened to take extreme action against Prince Andrew’s daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, unless his uncle gives up his royal home. Getty Images
    Journalist Emily Maitlis said she had heard that there had been a meeting between William and the princesses. Alan Crowhurst

    She opined, “You can see why Prince Andrew, as a father, would want to keep his daughters happy and keep their titles in place, come what may.”

    She went on to claim that King Charles III was supposed to stop by Royal Lodge to “read the riot act to his brother.”

    But according to Maitlis, that meeting didn’t happen because “the palace got very nervous” with the media frenzy that was ensuing, so they “canceled the whole thing.”

    “You guys have got to get your dad to move out of Royal Lodge; otherwise, we will start reexamining the state of your own titles,” the future king allegedly told the sisters. Dave Benett/Getty Images for SERVED
    Maitlis continued, “There was a bit of pressure, we understand, being put on the princesses to [tell their dad], ‘This is gonna happen.’” UK Press via Getty Images

    However, the Sun UK reported that no meeting between William, Beatrice and Eugenie took place, with a source insisting that the future king, 43, does not even possess the power to strip them of their titles.

    Andrew, 65, is apparently putting up quite the fight over leaving Royal Lodge, as he has reportedly demanded the former home of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Frogmore Cottage, while his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, wants to move into Adelaide Cottage after William and Kate Middleton move out next month.

    (Despite their 1996 divorce, Ferguson moved into Royal Lodge with Andrew in 2008.)

    She went on to claim that King Charles III was supposed to stop by Royal Lodge to “read the riot act to his brother.” Getty Images
    The king has reportedly long wanted Andrew out of Royal Lodge, where he has not paid rent in his 21 years of living there. Getty Images

    “Andy is willing to leave, but theses are his demands,” a friend of Andrew and Ferguson told the Sun UK. “He is realistic and knows the writing is on the wall and that his time at Royal Lodge is up.”

    The outlet reported that the king has long wanted the former couple out of Royal Lodge, where the prince has not paid rent in his 21 years of living there.

    However, the stakes are now higher than ever amid the ongoing scandal regarding Andrew’s ties to the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.



    Source link

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here