More
    HomeCelebsPrince Harry set to reunite with King Charles as Prince William continues...

    Prince Harry set to reunite with King Charles as Prince William continues to reject reconciliation: report

    Published on

    spot_img



    Prince Harry will reportedly reunite with his estranged dad, King Charles III, on his forthcoming visit across the pond — but not Prince William.

    The Duke of Sussex is going to be in London on Sept. 8, the anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death, for the annual WellChild Awards, and there is “determination on both sides to make [a reunion] happen.”

    On Thursday, a source alleged to The Mirror, “Nobody is pretending the wider family issues have been resolved, but this is about beginning with Charles and Harry.”

    King Charles III — and not Prince William — will reportedly reunite with Prince Harry next month. Getty Images
    The Duke of Sussex is traveling across the pond to attend the WellChild Awards on Sept. 8. Samir Hussein/WireImage

    The insider claimed that “for the first time in a long time, there’s a genuine sense that reconciliation is within reach” as Harry’s team and Buckingham Palace “have opened a line of communication.”

    The outlet reported, “There is every hope that father and son will see one another when the Duke returns to London in September after 20 months apart.”

    The former military pilot, notably, hasn’t seen Charles, 76, since February 2024.

    His wife, Meghan Markle, will reportedly stay behind in California. Getty Images
    The trip will mark Harry and Charles’ first time seeing each other in 20 months. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

    Next month will reportedly be “the right time to take that step” with “a simple face-to-face conversation between a father and son.”

    The source said, “This is not about grand gestures or set-piece meetings. … The priority is privacy and dignity, but also ensuring the door stays open for further dialogue.

    “As for Harry and William, though, any chance of reconciliation between them has been rejected out of hand,” the insider continued.

    “There’s a genuine sense that reconciliation is within reach,” The Mirror reported on Thursday. Tim Graham Photo Library via Getty Images
    Instead of a “grand gesture,” the father-son duo will reportedly have a “simple face-to-face conversation.” Getty Images

    Reps for Harry, Charles and William did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.

    The “Spare” author’s wife, Meghan Markle, is expected to remain in Montecito, Calif., during Harry’s early September travels to the United Kingdom.

    The “Suits” alum, 44, will stay behind with Prince Archie, 6, and Princess Lilibet, 4.

    A source told the outlet William has “rejected” Harry’s reconciliation offers. Getty Images
    Last week, Fox News Digital reported the Prince of Wales is “reluctant” to meet with Harry due to “distrust” in Markle. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

    The former actress has not been back to England since attending Elizabeth’s funeral in September 2022, which she recently called a “hard” trip on Season 2 of “With Love, Meghan.”

    Markle and her husband moved to the United States in 2020 and have since had strained relations with Harry’s family as the couple repeatedly aired their grievances during a docuseries, a viral interview and more.

    Harry, 40, spoke candidly in May about his desire to make peace with his dad since there is “no point in continuing to fight.”

    The couple wed in 2018, leaving England — and their royal roles — for California two years later. Getty Images for W+P
    Markle has not been in the United Kingdom since Queen Elizabeth II’s 2022 funeral. GC Images

    After saying the “only sticking point” is the government’s decision to strip his family of publicly funded security, Harry extended an olive branch the following month by inviting Charles to the Invictus Games.

    He also shared his official schedule with the royal family.

    William is “reluctant” to reconcile with Harry over a “persistent lack of trust” in Markle, Fox News Digital reported last week.



    Source link

    Latest articles

    More like this