More
    HomeCelebsSean “Diddy” Combs’ Attorney Says They’ve Asked Trump Administration About Pardon

    Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Attorney Says They’ve Asked Trump Administration About Pardon

    Published on

    spot_img


    Sean “Diddy” Combs’ attorney said they have reached out to President Donald Trump‘s administration regarding a potential pardon.

    Last month, the music mogul was found guilty on two charges of transportation to engage in prostitution, but was acquitted of sex trafficking and racketeering conspiracy charges.

    “It’s my understanding that we’ve reached out and had conversations in reference to a pardon,” attorney Nicole Westmoreland told CNN on Tuesday. Her comments came a day after U.S. District Judge Arun Subramanian denied Combs’ bid to be released from prison as he awaits sentencing in October.

    In May, prior to Combs’ conviction, Trump said during a press conference that he “would certainly look at the facts” regarding the mogul’s case, as he hadn’t “been watching it too closely.”

    Then, when he was asked about whether he would pardon Combs again last week during an interview with Newsmax, Trump responded, “I was very friendly with him, I got along with him great and he seemed like a nice guy. I didn’t know him well. But when I ran for office, he was very hostile.”

    The president added that while “we don’t like to have things cloud our judgment,” Combs’ “terrible statements” about him in the past make pardoning him “more difficult to do.” 

    Despite Trump’s latest remarks on a potential pardon, Westmoreland told CNN that Combs “is a very hopeful person, and I believe that he remains hopeful” about his chances.

    The Hollywood Reporter reached out to the White House, but they declined to comment.

    After a jury acquitted Combs on his most serious charges, the hip-hop mogul now faces a maximum sentence of 20 years, whereas he was previously facing up to life in prison. The two prostitution-related offenses under the Mann Act carry a maximum sentence of 10 years each.



    Source link

    Latest articles

    Ex-judges call out top court for ‘bowing down’ to Centre: Allowing to be dominated

    In a pointed critique of the "increasing interference of the executive" in judicial...

    Firefighters detained by US border agents: Two held while battling Washington blaze; ‘immoral’ Donald Trump policy slammed – The Times of India

    Representative image (Picture credit: AP) Two firefighters working to contain a wildfire...

    Cloudburst in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag, Chamoli; families trapped under debris

    Cloudburst in Uttarakhands Rudraprayag Chamoli families trapped under debris Source link...

    More like this

    Ex-judges call out top court for ‘bowing down’ to Centre: Allowing to be dominated

    In a pointed critique of the "increasing interference of the executive" in judicial...

    Firefighters detained by US border agents: Two held while battling Washington blaze; ‘immoral’ Donald Trump policy slammed – The Times of India

    Representative image (Picture credit: AP) Two firefighters working to contain a wildfire...

    Cloudburst in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag, Chamoli; families trapped under debris

    Cloudburst in Uttarakhands Rudraprayag Chamoli families trapped under debris Source link...