More
    HomeWorld$30bn for Iran? Never heard of this 'ridiculous idea', says Trump; dismisses...

    $30bn for Iran? Never heard of this ‘ridiculous idea’, says Trump; dismisses report, calls it a ‘hoax’ – Times of India

    Published on

    spot_img


    US President Donald Trump (AP)

    Donald Trump on Friday (local time) firmly dismissed reports in the US media that his administration is considering a $30 billion deal to help Iran develop a civil nuclear programme.“Who in the FAKE NEWS MEDIA is the SleazeBag saying that ‘President Trump wants to give Iran $30 billion to build non-military Nuclear facilities.’ Never heard of this ridiculous idea,” he wrote on his Truth Social platform.“It’s just another HOAX put out by the Fake News in order to demean. These people are SICK!!!,” the MAGA leader added.

    Trump Truth Social post

    Trump Truth Social post

    Under the alleged proposal, first reported by CNN, the Trump administration in recent days has explored possible economic incentives in return for the Iranian regime halting uranium enrichment. Iran would also be allowed to receive assistance from regional countries to help it build the civilian nuclear programme, granting Tehran access to as much as the reported $30 billion.If true, the potential deal would mark a major reversal in policy for Trump, who, in his first term, pulled the United States out of the previous Barack Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran, in 2018. At the time, he had argued that the sanctions relief and unfreezing of Iranian assets had provided a “lifeline of cash” to the regime in Tehran to continue its “malign activities.”Last week, the US struck three key nuclear facilities in Iran amid the conflict between US ally Israel and the Islamic Republic. The following day (June 23) Trump managed to broker a ceasefire deal between the Asian rivals.





    Source link

    Latest articles

    With a call for a Malayali actress for Param Sundari, Shabana Azmi speaks on more inclusiveness in casting: “By that reasoning, I shouldn’t have...

    Those who have seen Maddock Films’ Param Sundari, directed by Tushar Jalota, are...

    Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Debut Second Collaboration

    Casetify and Antonela Roccuzzo partnered for a second collaboration with a new line...

    ‘नए अवसरों की खोज, GST में कमी…’ 50% टैरिफ से निपटने के लिए क्‍या-क्‍या कर रही सरकार? पीयूष गोयल ने बताया

    भारत के निर्यात पर अमेरिका द्वारा 50 फीसदी टैरिफ लागू होने के बाद...

    Saudi Arabia’s top local burger chain Hamburgini crashes into bankruptcy, shuts down operations | World News – The Times of India

    Once operating 57 branches nationwide, Hamburgini collapsed after a 2024 food poisoning...

    More like this

    With a call for a Malayali actress for Param Sundari, Shabana Azmi speaks on more inclusiveness in casting: “By that reasoning, I shouldn’t have...

    Those who have seen Maddock Films’ Param Sundari, directed by Tushar Jalota, are...

    Antonela Roccuzzo and Casetify Debut Second Collaboration

    Casetify and Antonela Roccuzzo partnered for a second collaboration with a new line...

    ‘नए अवसरों की खोज, GST में कमी…’ 50% टैरिफ से निपटने के लिए क्‍या-क्‍या कर रही सरकार? पीयूष गोयल ने बताया

    भारत के निर्यात पर अमेरिका द्वारा 50 फीसदी टैरिफ लागू होने के बाद...